Full resume of Gretje Ferguson
Photographer Gretje Ferguson
Gretje's passion for people, the Arts and the human condition has fueled her photographic journey for more than 25 years. She has photographed hundreds of Canadian and U.S. artists and business executives, has been published in more than 50 international magazines, and has shown her work in one-woman exhibitions across Canada and the Eastern United States.
Gretje is the photographer for the "Wall of Hope" at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, and for the "Portraits of Inspiration" wall at the Lahey Clinic Sophia Gordon Cancer Center. These photographs highlight the strength and optimism shared by many people undergoing cancer treatment. Her project "Gay Dads and their Kids" shows the warmth and commitment of alternative families.
She has documented galas that included Stevie Wonder, Elton John and the King and Queen of Sweden, and photographed productions of Law & Order, award-winning films Intermezzo and Palookaville, plus hundreds of symphony and theatrical performances. Her portraits of prominent cinematographers have appeared in international full-page color ads for Kodak motion picture film. She was the only media photographer permitted to document the making of the United Nations 50th Anniversary portrait of 186 diplomats.
She has two grown children and lives with her husband in Dedham, where she runs a portrait studio.
- MA, Boston University, 1989;
- BA, Lesley College, 1987;
- New England School of Photography: Courses in Studio Portraiture, Advanced Photoshop;
- Studied photography with George Tice, Arnold Newman, Eva Rubinstein, Marie Cosindas, Judy Dater, Tim and Beverly Walton, Darton Drake and Michele Celentano.
Publications (partial list)
- American Cinematographer
- Savoir Flair Boston
- The Boston Phoenix
- Imagine Magazine (covers: musician Peter Wolf, filmmaker Louise Rosen,
Cinematographer Rob Draper, actor/producer Christy Scott
Cashman, DVD magnate Karl Renwanz)
- Career Woman
- Film and Video Production
- Shots (Great Britain)
- Imagen Digital (Mexico)
- Boston Business Woman (now Women's Business)
- Commercial Image
- "Wall of Hope," Massachusetts General Hospital (permanent installation)
- "Portraits of Inspiration," Lahey Clinic Burlington (permanent installation)
- "Gay Dads and their Kids": Tufts Health Plan Diversity Gallery- 2003. Updated in 2010 for Savoir Flair magazine.
- "Rising Stars": Boston Center for Women and Enterprise- 2003
- "Confronting Cancer": The Wellness Community, Newton, MA- 2001; Frame-It Studio & Gallery, Canton, MA-2001; Concord Academy- 2001; Members Gallery, Photographic Resource Center, Boston- 2000; Mazmanian Art Gallery, Framingham, MA- 2000; Zeitgeist Gallery, Cambridge, MA- 2000